FREE Apps and Websites to Make Blogging Easy!

When I first started my blog I didn't know where to start. I mostly just learned by trial and error. Here are some tips that I have learned along with some great FREE apps and websites to help you start!

Creating Content

I started with writing in the notes section of my phone. I made a list of everything I wanted to write about and then I just sat for hours writing. When I was done I emailed it to myself without even reading or editing it. It's much easier to do that on the computer. Even after editing I knew my writing wasn't very good. I'm sure if I went back to read them now I would find many typos and grammar errors. I STILL think my writing isn't very good but it makes me happy so I do it anyway. Life is too short to worry about what other people think about what you create. If they don't like it, then they don't have to read it! 

Creating Images

I am still not super good at this but I have improved. You want your blog images to look professional and clean. They are your advertisement for every blog post. It is what I use to share on all social media platforms. I have found that using Google Photos is great for storing all of my images so my phone's storage stays clear. It could take me 50 shots to get the right picture and I never know until I have edited most of them, which photos will work for my blog post. Google Photos also has an easy editor. I also use Instagram to edit photos because it has the easiest tools and best filters. If I still can't get what I am looking for then I use PicsArt

If I am not able to use my own photos then I use Pexels. They have free stock photos that are of the best quality. The only downside is that there is a limited selection to choose from.

The last editing app I use is Canva. Even though a lot of templates cost money, there are plenty you can use for free and once you get the hang of it, it is easy to make your own. 

Attracting Readers

This was hard for me at first. I had made this blog for myself: to give myself a new creative outlet for expressing myself and to help get me back into writing. Did I really want people to read it? I hate making myself vulnerable and I am generally a VERY private person.

Having people read it opened the door to being criticized, especially when posting something as controversial as this: NO COSTCO AT 27TH AND KUEBLER! That post not only made me feel vulnerable to random online viewers, but also to my neighbors and community. After getting 200 views in 24 hours and some negative backlash I was about to have a panic attack. But now I am writing this post and it's been a couple of days I am happy I did it. I did learn one thing from it though: DO NOT ADVERTISE ON REDDIT! Most Redditors are jerks and trolls so don't even bother. 

However, I have found success posting on Instagram and PinterestI have even made friends with other bloggers on Instagram. I haven't used Facebook in about 3 years but I'm thinking about starting. 


Comment below if you have any websites or apps to suggest or any questions about starting a blog. Thanks for reading and good luck blogging! 

-Hannah



Comments

Shop My Closet on Poshmark!

Popular Posts