Best of Oregon Camping: Cottonwood Canyon

If you know me then you know that I LOVE camping. Living in the Willamette valley I have easy access to the coast, mountains, and the desert of central Oregon. One place that has stuck with me the most was a camping trip we went on to Cottonwood Canyon. 

At the time of these pictures in April 2014, the state park had just been opened. It was very dusty and windy but it didn't take away from the beauty and fun we had at all. There was a really cool trail that was easy for my five year old to hike with us and if you bring binoculars or a telescope you can see the mountain goats grazing the cliff-side. I cannot wait to go back!  
My beautiful sister, Maddy

The view from above the campground. There was no trail but we got permission from the ranger there to hike up for some pictures. He said, "sure, just be careful of rattlesnakes!"

The newly opened campground was very windy and dusty the first night. Good thing we brought kites to fly! I am interested in seeing what it looks like now. 

This is the view from the trail that goes along the river looking back at the campground. 

Comments

Shop My Closet on Poshmark!

Popular Posts