Best of Oregon Camping: Barlow Crossing


The summer after my husband finished college and was waiting to start school for his master's degree, I was between jobs and we were free to camp as much as we wanted. We camped all over Oregon but we stayed on Barlow Road the most because it was cheap, secluded, beautiful and relatively close to home. We once stayed there for 10 days, which is pretty crazy for a place with no bathrooms! 

My husband discovered the campground from: http://www.eugenecarsey.com/camp/mounthhood/barlowcreek.htm


This is the only place in all of Oregon that I have seen bears, (only a quick glimpse because they quickly ran away). We also woke up to a couple of owls very close to our camp one day and they hung around watching us for a couple of hours. I love this campground and so will you! 

















Green Lake 




Sunset from our campground

Thanks for reading!


Print Friendly and PDF

Comments

Shop My Closet on Poshmark!

Popular Posts